Our Top 13 for 2013: The Best Promotional Products of the YearPosted February 11, 2013 | | Promotional Products, Tips and Trends from the Experts
1. Fruit Infusers/infusers/Liven up your water with the flavors of fresh fruits and vegetables.
2. Contigo Drinkware/drinkware/?spnn=contigoTackle the commute with quality Contigo drinkware.
3. Smartphone and Tablet Accessories/electronics-media-items/Give them something they’ll actually use from our collection of tablet and smartphone accessories.
4. Leed’s Game Day Collection/promotional-products/leeds/p1/f6187/?spnn=game%20dayCheer on your favorite team with this diverse collection of tailgate gifts.
5. Filtered Water Bottles/filtered-water-bottles/Get bottled water taste without the waste!
6. Food Storage Containers/kitchen/Encourage employees to cut down on eating out by distributing custom food storage containers.
7. Sunglasses/sunglasses-cases-clips/Sunglasses have exploded in popularity in the last two years.
8. Trimark Apparel/apparel/trimark/p1/f9380/Trimark is a great option for a company looking for affordable corporate uniforms.
9. Flash Memory/flash-drives-memory/With sky-high use rates, flash drives are always a winning choice.
10. Full-Color Promotional Products/promotional-products/full-color/p1/f6046/We’re happy to offer more full-color promotional items than ever before.
11. Poly-Cotton Apparel/apparel/cotton-poly-blend/p1/f6385/Combining the comfort of cotton with the durability of synthetic fibers, these apparel items will last for years.
12. Tervis Tumblers/promotional-products/tervis/p1/f9635/An American classic, Tervis tumblers are sure to impress your recipients.
13. Camouflage Items/promotional-products/camouflage/p1/f4960/Make a bold statement with a camouflage promotional item.
How We Found the Best Promotional Products
Every year, we send a team of employees to the PPAI Expo, the promotional product industry’s premier event where all our manufacturing partners model their latest wares for the new year. This year we sent our biggest team yet out to Las Vegas to walk the show floor, meet with our top suppliers, and learn as much they could about the industry.
Here are some of the biggest product trends we anticipate seeing in 2013 and beyond.
InkHead’s Best Promotional Products for 2013
- Infusers: Custom fruit infusers were one of the most popular items we saw at the show, with several suppliers offering their own version of the product. Fruit infusers are carried by a number of retail stores, and so recipients will appreciate and reuse the forward-thinking and unique gift. Keep an eye on this category, as we will be adding more products to it in the coming months. Shown above is item #29322, the Fruiton BPA-Free Infuser Bottle, which features a 360° drinking lid and is made from shatter-, stain-, and odor-resistant Eastman Tritan material.
- Contigo: We’re proud to welcome another retail brand to the promotional product industry, Contigo. With its revolutionary AUTOSEAL and AUTOSPOUT technology, custom Contigo drinkware is designed with the on-the-go in mind. This is another category where we are still adding products, so be sure to check back often to see what new items have been released!
- Mobile Accessories: These days it seems like everyone, from your 90-year-old grandma to your 9-year-old niece, has a smartphone. The newest focus is on cross-device functionality, so it no longer matters whether recipients have an iPad, a Nexus 7, a Kindle, a Nook, or some other tablet device. Styluses (or is that “styli”?), phone accessories, and tablet accessories all look to be HUGE in 2013.
- The Game Day Collection from Leeds: The best promotional products are those that will be used for years after they’ve been received, and this collection of items from Leed’s will see use at many a tailgate on many on a Sunday for many seasons to come. Above is the 16 oz. Game Day Cup, which is great for barbecues, tailgates, fairs, and festivals.
- Filter Water Bottles: Although we picked custom filter bottles as one of our top promotional products last year, our selection has grown even more since then. Great for eco-minded promotions, filter water bottles are unique giveaways that recipients will appreciate and won’t soon forget.
- Food Storage Containers: In light of the latest trends toward saving money and wellness, more working adults are bringing their lunch to work. We’ve added several new lunch containers to our custom kitchen items product category. Looking for an item to complement your custom lunch container? Check out our selection of personalized lunch bags for some great options.
- Sunglasses: Don’t call it a comeback, but over the past 2 years, we’ve seen retro-style custom sunglasses explode in sales. That’s why we have greatly expanded our product selection, adding well-known retail brands like Maui Jim, Ray-Ban, and others.
- Custom Trimark Apparel: If you’ve read our PPAI Expo 2013 press release, you have already seen an example of the new Trimark apparel line. With its bold colors, impressive decoration techniques, and short turn time, Trimark is a great option for a company looking for affordable corporate uniforms that employees will actually want to wear.
- Flash Memory: The best promotional items are those that get used long again and again long after they’ve been received. In this technological age, flash drives have some of the highest reuse rates. We’re excited to offer some of the lowest prices in the country for custom USB drives from our Gold Supplier Leed’s for the entirety of 2013.
- Full-Color Promotional Products: What’s great about our promotional products suppliers is their commitment to innovation, such as Norwood’s new Britepix decoration technique, which will allow us to print full-color artwork on a range of new products. We’re still in the process of adding these items, but we’ll be sure to announce once we have them live on the site.
- Custom Poly-Cotton Apparel: Something else we noticed at the Expo was a preponderance of new apparel styles made from poly-cotton blends, a fabric that combines the comfort and breathability of cotton with the durability and moisture-wicking properties of synthetic fibers. Add great fashion-forward styles from known brands like Gildan, Hanes, and Anvil, and you can be sure your new custom t-shirt will become a mainstay in your recipients’ wardrobes.
- Tervis tumblers: Talk about an icon. These classic American-made double wall tumblers will have everyone talking about your brand. Durable construction and American craftsmanship ensure that your custom Tervis tumblers will stay in use for years.
- Camouflage: Over the past couple years, there has been a resurgence in national pride and with that, items and looks that are uniquely American, most notably among those camouflage prints. No longer are custom camouflage items solely for huntsmen, sports, and military-related promotions; camouflage makes a bold fashion statement that will make your brand stand out in a crowd. And for the folks with a discerning eye, we even offer products in the patented Mossy Oak and Real Tree prints.
Tell Us Which Promotional Products You Like Best
While we’re proud of this list, we don’t pretend to know everything. Do you have other suggestions that should be on this list? Or have you used one of these products and had success? Let us know in the comments below.
No comments yet